Thursday 9 February 2012

Dream Catcher

For my object analysis I am going to use the dream catcher as my research topic.
Years ago I received a dream catcher as a gift from my friend. I was so interested in its beautiful colour, design and its story.
The dream catcher is originated from Native Americans, appeared from 18th century. It is said that dream catcher is a kind of webbing with plant fibres. It is also sometimes decorating with various beautiful beads and feathers.
 In the ancient mysterious Native American story, people hang on the dream catcher in the front of their beds before sleeping. When the nights came, there were various dreams drifting in the sky. Those beautiful dreams went through the dream catcher and laid on people like feathers. However, the terrible nightmares would be caught by it. Different tribes of Native Americans have different stories about dream catcher, but they gave the same meaning for it—beautiful whish for people.
In the present day, dream catcher has become more and more popular. People use it to decorate the home and some designers use it as an interesting element in fashion.
In the following 2000 words essay I would like to research the background of dream catcher, related Native American culture, the making of dream catcher, related art works and its use in the past and current day.

No comments:

Post a Comment